Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Red Hot Kitty!

A couple of years ago a friend of mine had me point my mouse towards this great nail art blog. She really inspired me to go ahead and get crazy on my nails. Those of you who have commented on designs that I've done and posted on my Facebook page have her to thank.

I was sitting around thinking about what I wanted to paint this week, when I decided I wanted to try a half-moon manicure. This design from The Daily Nail got stuck in my head, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try. And here's the final product!











I started with a base coat of Seche Clear, and then two coats of Naturistics Super Shine in Mahogany Pearl.













Next, I used page reinforcements to block off the half-moon, and then painted the rest of the nail in Revlon's Totally Toffee til I couldn't see any red coming through.







Then, I used my nail stamper again to create the cheetah print. This time, it's Konad Plate # M57 using Revlon's Hot for Chocolate. I'm not going to show every step of how to use the stamp in this post. If you'd like a refresher, please visit this post.

I stamped the design with the reinforcer still on, to keep the red un-touched. I then removed the reinforcement, and topped it all off with two coats of Seche Vite top coat.

As you can tell, my bottles of polish get pretty beaten up. But I just choose to think of them as well-loved!
What do you guys think? Do you have any ideas for designs you'd like to see? Would you like to see a tutorial for any designs I've posted on my Facebook? Speak up!










No comments:

Post a Comment