Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring on Sunday

Hello, all!
I recently joined a couple of Facebook groups dedicated to nail polish, and one of them (Adventures in Stamping) posts a challenge for its members to complete every Sunday. This week was Spring Colors.
I really struggled for a while trying to come up with a design that I liked. But all my color combinations sucked, and I kept smudging the polish pretty drastically. So, I had pretty much given it up. But, in a last ditch effort, I search "spring colors" on Pintrest and found a picture of a skirt that really inspired me. My nails look nothing like that skirt, but it helped me break out of the "spring colors" mindset that I had and into something new.
So, my Spring Colors nail design is more muted than some of the others that were posted, but I really like them. Unfortunately, I've already smudged and dented them pretty badly. I'm used to the super-quick-drying Seche Vite top coat, but for this design I decided to use a matte top coat by Sinful Colors. I love the look, but I didn't let them dry long enough before making lunch. So, I may not be wearing this for very long, because I don't handle the imperfections well.
Anyway, enough of my rambling....on to the pic!




China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss
Sinful Colors Nail Art - Rose in Your Nose
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Limestone
Loreal - Royalty Reinvented
Wet n' Wild Shine - Sunny Side Up
Loreal - Not A Cloud In Sight
 
What do you think? Do these colors say "Spring" to you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following... I love these :) not too shabby at all for a last ditch attempt... we've all been there... Great blog name too!

    ReplyDelete